Knowing what your child is learning helps you support them throughout their education.
Kindergarten to Year 6 focuses on six key learning areas:
- Science and Technology
- Human Society and Its Environment - Geography and History
- Personal Development, Health and Physical Education
- Creative Arts
Primary school in NSW follows a curriculum based on stages of learning. Each stage is approximately equivalent to two school years. For each learning stage there are skills, knowledge and a level of understanding that each student should develop.
- Early Stage 1 refers to Kindergarten
- Stage 1 includes Years 1 and 2
- Stage 2 includes Years 3 and 4
- Stage 3 includes Years 5 and 6